Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weigh-in Day and Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes

Happy Saturday everyone!

This scale was friendly to me this week (despite my overindulgence)...I lost 0.6 lbs. Well on my way to my goal!

School is right around the corner (and may have even started for some of your kiddos). Middle school starts at 7:45 am, so having breakfasts that are quick and healthy readily available will be a necessity this year. I made a double batch of these yummy pancakes and plan on freezing some to have on hand as needed.

Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes

1 1/4 c Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 c Buttermilk
1/2 c Applesauce, unsweetened, Cinnamon flavor
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 large Egg, slightly beaten
1/2 c Apples, diced, Braeburn variety

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next five ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine buttermilk and next four ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in apple.

Spoon about 1⁄4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.

Serving Size = 1 pancake
PointsPlus value = 3

What do you make for breakfast for your kiddos ahead of time? I'd love to hear your ideas!
Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if you have an Waffle Iron you could make waffles just a different look. Use Blueberries same dough Gi Gi likes blueberries. Good job on your weight loss and thank you for calling you must of been my angle this morning.............M

JulieL said...

Hey Vanessa, I just found your blog via Facebook. Congratulations on your weight loss. I have just gotten back on the "wagon" these past two weeks. I haven't seen you for a while at church so I can't wait to see your new body! (:
Julie (Lehto)

Vanessa said...

Thank you Julie and good for you. Yeah, we seriously need a HH meeting! I usually attend the Sat night service, sorry I'm missing you. Hope you can make this week's service...a great message from Pastor Paul on Philippians and JOY!

Mom, I'm glad I was able to get you up this morning. Must be all that exercise that you are getting in that's helping you get your much needed rest! Love you