Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Slow Cooker Enchilada

Okay, so here's the recipe I promised you....

Slow Cooker Enchilada

2 lbs boneless, skinless Chicken Breast (cut into small pieces)*
1 can (15 oz) Enchilada Sauce
1 can (15 oz) diced Tomatoes with chiles
1 can 98% fat-free Cream of Chicken Soup
4 cups Sargento reduced fat shredded Mexican Cheese
8 low fat, fajita size Tortillas

Brown chicken, drain. Meanwhile combine enchilada sauce, tomatoes, and cream of chicken soup in a large bowl, add cooked chicken. In crockpot put down a layer of meat mixture. Then top with a layer of cheese. Tear up tortillas into bite size pieces, and layer over cheese mixture. Continue layers until all ingredients are used up.

Cook on high for 2 hours, low for 4 hours or until cheese is bubbly.

Serving size = 3/4 cup
PointsPlus value = 8

So far having a good week...a few hiccups along the way, but still counting my points and still drinking my water!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds really good, sounds like of alot of cheese though. You need to send me all those recipe would you. Mom

Vanessa said...

Mom,
I thought the same thing about the cheese, but that actually aids in keeping me fuller longer because it's protein...plus I tried with 3 cups and it was the same amount of points...it was delish.
Love you