Friday, August 12, 2011

Night before weigh-in! Take Two!

I must admit I am posting tonight with a little hesitation (fear of a repeat of last week), but I committed to this journey so press on I must!

I have this little book called Jesus Calling. It has a short devotional for each day, written like Jesus were speaking directly to you, as well as a few scripture verses supporting the devotional. Tonight, while preparing to write this post, I went back to last Saturday's entry. Looking back I wish I would have read this in the minutes immediately following my weigh-in. Don't misunderstand, not every entry has a mind-blowing, powerful impact, but some days it seems as though what's written was specifically put there just for me. Here's a snippet of last week's entry...

"When things seem to be going all wrong, stop and affirm your trust in Me. Calmly bring these matters to Me, and leave them in My capable hands. Then, simply do the next thing."

Are you kidding me?

Well, I know that I did what I needed to do this week. So if the scale reflects another gain...then so be it! I can stop and affirm my trust in the Judge who judges justly, give it to Him and simply do the next thing....which is to start my week a new.

Until tomorrow my friends...happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is right you can leave it in his hands but you still have to leave it out of your mouth. Love Mom

Vanessa said...

Yes, and that was exactly my point. No matter what happens on the scale, I still have to work the program and I can't dwell on a loss or a gain, rather do what I need to do for that day.

I would also point out that apart from the Holy Spirit I am weak. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Therefore when I exercise self-control it is because of the Spirit living within me. So while I can leave it out of my mouth, He is the one that gives me the power to do so.

Love you Mom!
Ness