Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meatless challenge

So this week's meeting was all about going meatless for some meals and the benefits of doing so. My awesome WW leader challenged us to try tofu and anyone who does will get a prize at next week's meeting. So of course, I can't resist a challenge like that! As I type, I have the tofu drying on the counter for the Roasted Tomato Enchiladas I'm making for dinner.

In the meantime, here's what I had for lunch today!

Brown Rice Salad with Black Beans and Corn

1 c Brown Rice, instant
1 can (15 oz) Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 c frozen Corn, thawed
1/4 c Scallion, chopped
2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
2 tsp Jalapeno, minced
1 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice
1 tsp fresh Lime Zest
1 medium Lime, quartered, for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is still warm, stir in all other ingredients except the lime wedges. Garnish with lime wedge.

Serving Size = 1 heaping cup
PointsPlus value = 5

Oh yeah, this is a good one...if you are a fan of Mexican cuisine, you will enjoy this salad.

No comments: