Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Exercise

Exercise has always been hard for me. It's not exactly my favorite pasttime...if it were I don't think I would need to lose 40 lbs by the time I turn 40. So after dinner tonight I was determined to get out and walk. Who could resist on such a lovely evening like tonight, right?

My daughter...that's who!

Seriously, are you kidding me???? Here I am fighting within myself to walk and now I've got her antics to contend with? "It's too hot" "I don't want to walk" (yada, yada, yada)...never mind the fact that she was on her bike!

You're probably wondering why I didn't take my bike? Well, because it has had a flat. After much protesting for any kind of exercise at all, I finally relented, grumbling all the way back, and grabbed my bike. After a brisk walk to the gas station we were on our way. I absolutely love the way the breeze washes over you as you ride a bike. To me it's invigorating, exciting, exhilarating even! As much as I say exercise isn't my favorite pasttime, in some strange way I do find some of it to be calming, somewhat of a stress reliever, and I definitely feel rejuvanated after (not to mention I gain PointsPlus values).

Since I only have 1 Weekly PointsPlus value remaining it looks like biking is in our future for the rest of the week!

So how do you do with exercise? Love it? Hate it? What do you do to keep physically fit?

Until next time my friends...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Girlfriend! :) I am doing the tred mill and bike thing myself. I hate it, but love it after I am on it for a few days...getting myself on it is the toughest part. God Bless

Vanessa said...

Good for you! It's hard to get started, but keep going...you can do it!

Anonymous said...

Well you know my dear after leading a fitness class for how many years I started to hate exercise, but this year when I started to train for the Weight Watcher 5K I started to enjoy it and than of course our trip to Wyoming did it now I walk and bike. So hang in there you have got to do it 30 times to change old habits. Mom

Vanessa said...

Yep I've heard that before...30 times to change old habits. Thanks for the encouragement Mom! Love you.

Bobbie said...

It really, really does become a habit. Eventually you will recognize the way your body feels without sufficient exercise, and you probably won't care for it. I've always enjoyed walking/hiking, and three years ago I re-committed myself to exercise. Currently I walk outside almost daily, run when the spirit moves me, attend zumba class once a week, and do weight lifting/floor exercises twice a week. That might sound like a lot, but it's more about variety.

I find it easier to maintain an exercise plan than a diet plan, but winter is a challenge. I recommend trying to develop a plan for winter.

Keep going ... every effort counts toward better health. :)

Vanessa said...

Thanks Bobbie!

It's true...I didn't do any exercise this weekend (well I did do some light walking yesterday), but that's nothing compared to what I did last week. I love your tip about variety. I need to try that...especially since I have some flabby upper arms that need serious attention (LOL).

Thanks for the encouragment and kudos to you on your commitment to exercise.

Vanessa