Sunday, July 31, 2011

40 BUH-BYE 40 and 1st Annual Behm Family Reunion

Hey all!
Welcome to my blog! You may be thinking 40 bye 40? What does that mean? This fall I am turning 40 (as some of you already know)...and I am saying goodbye to 40 lbs (well perhaps a little more).

Anyhoo...here I'll share my weight-loss adventures, along with yummy recipes, tips and tricks and whatever else comes along.

This past weekend we had our 1st Annual Behm Family Reunion (this is my mom's side of the family). It was SO much fun and of course there was an ABUNDANCE of food...."Guys, we don't need any more snacks!" We had potato salads, pasta salads, coleslaw, baked beans, guacamole, chips and dip, chips and salsa, sausage, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit and veggies and roast pork sandwiches. Not exactly very Weight Watcher (WW) friendly people, but I think I did okay and playing a little soccer with my parents, uncle and cousin helped me to earn 6 activity points...WOOT!

We even had this chocolate cake...but by the time I was ready for my piece, it was all put away...so I was able to escape it...WHEW!



Now that I spent yesterday {and most of today} not really tracking what I'm eating...I really don't want to track tomorrow either. But I dare not do that...it's completely not worth it. I've come so far...28 lbs already...only 12 to go.

Well, until next time friends...
Vanessa

No comments: